|Built in 1858 on the old watchtower "Atalayola" in the far east of Cape presents an extraordinary panoramic view of the bay with the opposite Tabarca.|
There is considerable evidence to suppose that the original tower was the original Roman building. Pliny, in describing these shores, the man named 'Tower Atalayón'.
In any case, undoubtedly belonged to the coastal chain of watchtowers. It was a square tower and banking slopes throughout his body, topped by a cornice.
Still be seen in its four walls the openings of horizontal slits. The factory should be in brick, with reinforcements of blocks in the corners.
This hardly be appreciated, since it is completely plastered.
It rises from inside the housing of the lighthouse keepers, which surrounds on all sides.